Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Evening




Good Evening to all.

Well this week was busy knitting socks for the Six Sock group on Yahoo. I got them finished and will have a pic with with post. Also my youngest daughter and I have been spinning. We both learned almost two weeks ago. She uses my Ashford Travler and I used the Ashford Traditional. You would not have guessed that she is just learning. Her yarn is beautiful. We plan on washing the four hanks she has done. She will be using it to knit a shawl from a pattern she found on an Avatar site. Anime site in which another girl posted the pattern. Her yarn is mixed mostly Alpaca and wool. Nice natural whitish gray.

Mine on the other hand... Well it is burnt orange and all wool. I started out with it bumpy and am keeping it that way in order to knit a poncho with it. It is a pattern that I got from May Maxim a few years ago that I got in a kit that was on sale and never around to knitting. It will be very nice and warm. Will have pics after it is washed and dried. The scanner does a nice job.

Hope all had a nice weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogging. Good loocking socks.

Sandra said...

Congratulations on your blog. Spinning and test knitting are on my list to try some day.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on your blog. It is so fun to share current projects. And your socks are very nice!!!! I see you are from my neck of the woods. I think it is awesome your daughter spins with you. I wish mine would. :)